We are more about relationships than job titles. People are more important to us than policies. By being a part of our team, you will be a part of a growing company that is making a difference in the world. We need the right people to make it happen. It takes a positive and honest person to fit in here. Trust goes a long way.
AV Engineer (even though we don’t like titles, it is a starting point :))
General Job Description
This job entails being able to handle all aspects of being part of a technology integration company. This includes physically installing AV equipment, pre-wiring equipment, programming and servicing systems. We are looking for someone with interest in the latest technology and the ability not only to use that equipment, but be able to master the equipment and implement it in new and creative ways. You should have experience in working with some kind of professional audio visual and networking equipment, and be able to read drawings both architectural and schematic based. An absolute must have is the aptitude to learn how to program and understand logic flow. We are willing to send the right person to any necessary training that you do not already have.
The following are mandatory requirements for our company.
1. Every person at the company is a direct reflection on the company as a whole. You must be able to act professional when speaking with our clients. Good client communication and organizational skills.
2. Job installations locations will be between NYC, NJ, Eastern PA and Delaware, and you must be able to get yourself to these locations on time. Possible travel though out the US for short periods of time may be required based on client demands, but never on a regular basis.
3. Must have all of the following: Basic Hand Tools or any other basic tools needed to do installations (Specialized tools will be provided), working reliable vehicle to get to job sites, and current legal license.
4. Since we work based on the client’s construction schedule sometimes this requires you to put in hours above and beyond normal business hours.
5. Must have a great personality and the ability to work independently, follow directions, and plan projects
6. Must have an ability to take direction, learn new skills and technologies, to be able to diagnose simple logic based circuit such as relays, switches, sensors.
7. Have a basic knowledge of AV, IT, and/or access control and the ability to read and follow basic wiring schematics and diagrams
We are looking for someone that is well versed in networking and programming, but must also have some kind of background or interest in audio/visual as this is the core business of the company.You would be an integral piece of a growing company and treated as such, and with that we need someone that is willing to take control of their career future.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory: Must be able to fully configure network servers for basic small businesses such as Microsoft Exchange, SBS Server, routers, switches, and any other network based devices. Full understanding of TCP/IP and how it works. Some kind of programming background, preferred to be Crestron programming.
Beneficial but not needed: Programming/configuration: Crestron, Polycom, Cisco and Dell switches and firewalls, Aerohive WAP, and any basic server.
Driving required. Must have valid driver’s license and be willing to service Manhattan & Philadelphia, and all of NJ, occasional early/late hours * MUST have clean background check for access control
You will be installing Commercial Audio Visual hardware and Access Control systems, and light installation duties, lifting and ladder climbing will be required
Experience a plus in the following, but not necessary. We will train. Professional Audio Visual (A/V) Access Control (A/X) IT Infrastructure
Working on clients’ servers and network equipment.
Programming of the following items: Crestron, Polycom, BiAmp, DBX, any other DSP based device
Pulling, terminating and testing audio, video, network, security wiring
Reading schematics and other drawings and build or diagnose a system based on those drawings.
Generate proposals for the company for future jobs.
Hang, install, and test any necessary active electronics.
Anything else that is needed. We are a small company and everyone helps with everything. Do not think anything is out of your scope of work.
In order to submit your resume for consideration we must also have the following items in order to be considered for employment.
1. Write out specific skills, traits or habits that you can bring to the company?
2. Salary Requirements
Application Submission Process
Please submit your resume to sales (at) myrethink dot com